Changing From Plastic To Copper

Users who are viewing this thread

Boyertown_Casket

Reaction score
I am helping out a neighbor and he has plastic pipe in his well area. The plastic pipe was hooked up to galvanized and this, in turn, broke mid way between the well and the house.

He wants to run copper from the well area to his house. How do I manage this? What kind(s) of problem(s) am I going to run into? Are there fittings available to do this (changing from plastic to copper)?

Thanks.

Cass

Plumber
Reaction score
I would recomend plastic from the well to the house. You will have to go from the pitless adaptor at the well right into the house. This may be more work than you want to get into and I would recomend you call and get a couple of estimates. Depending depth of the line you may need a back hoe.

Boyertown_Casket

Reaction score
I just returned from our local plumbing supply house (Hajoca) and everything you had mentioned in the response was repeated to me there (I had not read your response prior to going to Hajoca).

I have the necessary fittings and the plastic piping to start the job. We exposed the line coming out of the well as well as it going into the house. We are renting a ditch-witch to dig the 50+ feet between the two points.

Thanks for your response and I look forward to future subjects.

R

Rancher

Everyone knows you can't eat adapters with pits, you mut remove them first, hence the pitless adapter.

Rancher

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks