Set screws in faucet handles

Users who are viewing this thread

merilyn

Reaction score
I have 4 faucets in my condo, each one of which has a set screw or a handle screw that loosens up almost immediately when I tighten it. Is there a way to tighten these screws so that they can be removed when necessary but that will keep them tight the rest of the time?

Thanks very much for any advice you can give!

Merilyn

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
You can get a little tube of this at home centers - Locktite. Now, be careful, read the label, there are several types. Pick the wrong one, and it will be a bear to take out, but the blue stuff works pretty well for this. Double check, cause I haven't bought any for awhile, and they may have changed the color scheme! It is a liquid you put a drop on the threads, tighten it up and then let it sit until it sets. It becomes a plastic that holds the threads so it doesn't move. The red stuff locks it down, and you might strip the head when trying to remove it. So, again, read the label to make sure you get the version that CAN be taken apart, if you want to.

merilyn

Reaction score
Thanks, this is exactly the kind of information I was looking for! I will try my hardware store tomorrow!

Merilyn

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks