K-922-CP, Bathtub ceiling faucet

Users who are viewing this thread

vu

Reaction score
any suggestions greatly appreciated:)
i am remodeling my master bathroom and want to put in a ceiling faucet over the bath tub. i've checked and kohler makes such a fixture. however it's price at $287.78 is a deterrent. do i need to buy this item if i want a seamless stream of water that resembles a clear glass rod? what options are there? just looking to save money. help please?!!

ps:item in question is kohler k-922-cp laminar

Prashster

Reaction score
Not to be a wiseguy, but you mean shower head, not faucet, right?

vu

Reaction score
i really do mean faucet. it's a tub only water supply. my shower will be separate and free standing. instead of the water coming from a faucet from the wall, it'll be from the ceiling.

Mikey

Aspiring Old Fart, EE, computer & networking geek
Reaction score
God, is that cool! I hope my wife never sees that thing. It'd be worth every penny of $267 (lowest price I found), if I were still single :D .

Verdeboy

In the Trades
Reaction score
Looks like something out of Star Trek.

Scotty, beam me aboard!!;)

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
I would think that dropping that stream through 8' of air would cool it off more than you want so you'd be paying for more energy with your style. If you are worried about the price of the thing, I'd think twice.

vu

Reaction score
ceiling faucet

thank you for your inputs.
as for the air cooling off the water. i'm also installing a new air spa tub with a heater. i know it's an indulgence but my wife and i don't take baths that often so it won't be too expensive as far as energy goes.
my point for this post is this: can i just run water out of a 1.5 inch pipe and have glass rod like stream of h2o?

Verdeboy

In the Trades
Reaction score
vu said:
my point for this post is this: can i just run water out of a 1.5 inch pipe and have glass rod like stream of h2o?

My guess is no. The almost $300 faucet probably focuses the water in such a way as to make the nice "glass rod" appearance.

The other way would probably just look like water coming out of a pipe.

Mikey

Aspiring Old Fart, EE, computer & networking geek
Reaction score
That's my guess too. I'll bet there's some very fancy fluid dynamics involved in the design of this thing.

Verdeboy said:
The other way would probably just look like water coming out of a pipe.

Great description!

Verdeboy

In the Trades
Reaction score
I know when I'm taking a bath, I like to add hot water every now and then. That would be a royal pain with this setup. Unless, of course, there's some sort of remote control. Or perhaps it's voice activated or thought activated. Just don't let that beam of hot water hit you. It'll hurt!!:(

Pewterpower

Reaction score
Looking closely at that pic, I see some interesting things:

Not much privacy :eek:
Where are the H&C for the tub?
The shower looks very cool, too.
As does the sink, with the faucets in the wall.

I wish my hot neighbor had a bathroom like that... :p

scatkins

Reaction score
THe Kohler part you see in the picture is not a faucet only the remote filler. TO install this, you use a faucet which supports a remote filler. These aren't all that common with the cheap junk you buy at the local big box stores (i.e Price Fister, Delta etc). But most of the nicer stuff VOLA, high end Kohler have these faucets.

BTW this filler uses laminar techniques to generate the fine stream. Really neat fixture.

Geniescience

Homeowner
Reaction score
look at the square tile shower heads. Also from Kohler

even newer product. Square array of holes. Angled 30 degrees, to spray out and down. Put it in the wall, at a low enough height to please the tub user. Costs much less too.

david

goobygoo

Reaction score
Laminar faucet woes

Hello,

While this thread is old I am curious if vu did indeed install this faucet. Mine was installed in August of 2006. I moved in November 2006 (it's now December 2007) only to find that the plumber knew that the Laminar faucet was not working properly. It sprays water in a four foot circle around the tub. The plumber and my general contractor seem to find it amusing since "they just knew it could never work." Well, I've seen it work and it is gorgeous. Kohler's techs and engineers can't figure it out, but they keep giving the plumbers (different plumbers) ideas. These plumbers tell me that even Kohler is just guessing at this point (and they really have tried). The plumbers are not confident with the latest idea and don't to see me spend any more money until Kohler can come up with a sure fix. I spent $700 extra to try to figure this out. The original plumber is out of business and doesn't answer my calls (he is now if the sprinkler business...perhaps he thought that he was installing an indoor sprinkler over my tub!!!!) His installer has ignored the situation, so the plumber's year warranty is out the window. My general contractor says that his trusted source, another gc, has "installed this faucet all over the world, and they all spray." Yet, it took me 12 Google search pages to find this forum (and it still does not indicate a problem with the faucet), the previous pages are all vendors currently advertising this faucet. So it can't be a problem for too many others. BTW, the online plumber, Designer Plumbing Outlet, is only obligated to the sale for 30 days. (How to buy a faucet and get it installed in new construction or a remodel is a mystery to me.) Any way, their live chat person said I my problem was not their problem.

Anyone else having problems? Right now I have an 80 gallon, $4500 porcelain pillow storage unit, and have pics to prove it.

Happy New Year!

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks