Gas Burning Question

Users who are viewing this thread

Chefwong

Reaction score
I recall that the flames should be all blue....but maybe someone can shed some info. Just hooked up my Wolf DF304 Gas Range.

The flame has a slight orange on the tips. If I recall correctly, shouldn't the flame be all blue ....with no hint of orange ....It had something to do with the gas burning or something like that.

Mikey

Aspiring Old Fart, EE, computer & networking geek
Reaction score
I'm no expert...

...but I think you're right. Your gas/air mixture is too rich, and the incomplete combustion shows up as the orange-tipped flames. Is the stove set up for the gas you've got? I think if the stove is jetted for, say, natural gas, but your gas is propane, things won't be quite right. There is also an adjustment on most industrial-sized ranges to control the amount of air admitted to the combustion process. You might try tweaking that.

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
If you don't feel comfortable trying to make the adjustment, especially since it is new, I'd call them and get them to do it...it should be a free warranty item. The thing should have been adjusted at the factory. On a brand new unit, the color could be from wax or other things that will quickly burn off.

Do you have the size of gas line they specify? Some of these semi-pro style ranges want a big input line.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks