Time to Choose a Toilet Need Advice!

Users who are viewing this thread

BSwanson

Reaction score
I have a small "50's bathroom that has the toilet very close to the tub. The toilet is a 14 in rough in and has to be replaced. Money is an issue, so I can't go crazy. I would like a short toilet - wall to front edge -so you can get in the tub - and a good flush. My plumbing store says that 14 in rough ins didn't flush well. What's going to work better: Unifit?, offset flange and power flush??? This is a second floor bath and I don't want problems! Please help!

Plumber1

Plumber
Reaction score
He is wrong about a 14" rough. To have more room pull the toilet and See if you could make it a 12" rough and to get the tank back next to the wall.

BSwanson

Reaction score
The only way to move it - it's cast iron in fine shape - is to use an offset flange. Is that a workable solution?

Spokaneman

Reaction score
Seems to me that a toto with a 14" unifit adapter might be a good choice because the same toilet will fit 10 12 or 14 in rough with the adapter dealing with the different rough in space. Might make for a smaller footprint overall. They are a bit more $$ but well worth it IMO.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks