(206) 949-5683, Top Rated Plumber, Seattle
Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast

Thread: Is there a class action lawsuit against Kitec piping?

Northern Kentucky/Greater Cincinnati Area

I'd say that it is great for any company trying to make baseline income but AHS and that 2-10 home warranty company is notorious for excluding what normal occurrences are.

I used to work for a company that did all American Home Shield. I can't sit and trade phone calls back and forth to the company in the customer's home for like seems an eternity and catch what falls through the cracks.

It might make a buck but I love my customer base and it keeps growing all based on repeat business and word of mouth. Of course I keep my internet ties and other methods running as well but I don't need another company orchestrating my calls. AHS will make you think you have no life other than their customer base.....and you can't say no to thier customers; you have to "do em all" or you don't get the gravy.

If you have a company with numerous employees then it is worth it if you have patience to deal with it all. I'm running solo so I can't be committed to one avenue of customers. I have to keep that repeat customer happy for as long as I can.

AHS makes their rounds through the companies here in my area; all the plumbers walk away from them eventually with hair loss, having to take prozac.
    Read what the end of this sentence means.

Master Plumber master plumber mark's Avatar
    indianapolis indiana - land of the free, home of the brave....
    Blog Entries

Talking running solo

we basically do he work cause its there....

no advertiseing $$ needed to get it and they call me....

its not too much of a hassell and the calls seem to come

in when we are slow , so its a convienant arrangement

Now if I was running totally solo I would probably not be doing half

the work I presently do......just to pay the idiots

I have working for me...

Mark,

While I totally would agree that 400 bucks a year to ensure that all issues would be corrected seems like a decent price, I feel in the long run, for most people, it's not a good option. This company is in it for the money. You probably dont hear about the many times that AHS does not cover things as advertised. I personally know someone who had insane HVAC issue, that should have been covered, but wasn't. The guy had AHS for about 6 months in a 5 year old house that he purchased. The system failed, and AHS refused to fix the issue. They told him they would refund him the warranty premium and that it was well within their rights to do so. He got his money back, but any company that doesn't stand by what they advertise, is not doing something right. There are many reviews on the net, related to issues like that, and AHS finding excuses not to cover repairs.

Master Plumber master plumber mark's Avatar
    indianapolis indiana - land of the free, home of the brave....
    Blog Entries

Talking insurance companies

i work for cross country home services....

american home serivces I am not sure of.....

In my opinion , the policy can sell a house for you

and either way most of them are better

than nothign what so ever.....

got my check in the mail today for 5300.... whew....

Here's a site that has information about a class action lawsuit against Kitec filed in Las Vegas, Nevada: http://bueller.com/index.html They posted pictures of cut-away views of the affected fittings.

Well.... I don't use the aluminum type pipe for water lines. It will be interesting to see wheat the cause was when the courts are fininshed. There seems to be nothing between KITEC and brass but between the brass and copper. The claim is to much zink in the brass reacting with the copper causing the problem. Maybe a bad batch from China.
    Last edited by Cass; 10-23-2006 at 03:47 AM.

Cool

looking into the above link, but it does not work ?????

is this a real lawsuit ???

It was last week. Go to any search engine and copy/paste that URL.

More than likely it was cached and you'll be able to view the info on that link.

Here,

http://web.archive.org/web/*/http://www.bueller.com/

Apparently it has been "wiped clean" it looks. :disgusted:
    Last edited by Dunbar Plumbing; 10-30-2006 at 06:49 PM.

DIY Junior Member

Default Kitec Lawsuit

Here is the proper link:

www.plumbingdefect.com

Default Kitec Piping

Quote Originally Posted by ultimachi
    That piece of tubing in the pics you uploaded to us, look like it has been sqeezed with a pair of slip joint pliers (Channel Locks) and thereby damaged to where it would eventually leak. I doubt the installing plumber did this, but could be... actually it looks like some one tried using the pliers to hold back up when trying to tighten the nut showing in the first pic. The former owner may be liable for this damage.

Good Luck,
    Rudy

Quote Originally Posted by OhNoNevada
    Here is the proper link:

www.plumbingdefect.com

Oh YES!!! Exactly what I've been waiting for. Couldn't have been better timing. The homeowners insurance is ready to settle, and the warranty company is avoiding my requests for action. I'm starting to get tired of this. Do I still have to hire a lawyer even though this lawsuit is in motion?

Anyway to find out if the previous owner would have known about the problem but not disclose it to me when I bought the house? Who do I need to contact? Thank you all for your help.

Default Fishy smell. Welcome to this web site.

i agree with Master plumber Mark, that this thread smells fishy. Welcome to the World's Friendliest Plumbing Shower and Remodeling web site, but still I find it hard to belive that the man named Ultimachi hasn't called Kitec or Ipex to talk to them, and then told us about it. The pictures are grainy, he hasn't described them, and we can't see in 3D what the problem might have been. When he said he had been without water for two weeks, it was more like six weeks since his first post when he already had the problem. He didn't say which city he is in; yet he would like to know about liability in real estate transactions (which varies based on local law). His description of what the Warranty compnay has said, is sketchy. His description of what the plumbers have said, is bare-bones. I find it hard to believe that a plumber would lie, or fabricate an answer, about what he can do when sent out by a firm that would track him later.

That'll be enough. For the record.

I hope the Kitec Ipex people, who are being blasted the most here, manage to get a word in somehow. The fittings that were recalled is a known issue that the firm faced up to readily, as far as I am aware.

If I'm too harsh, forgive me in advance; no warring please. PM me.

David

Default ? this is really really odd.....

I just called Cox&Sons plumbing in Las Vegas and they don't know anything about this lawsuit......

There some rotten fish around here.

Quote Originally Posted by serge

I just called Cox&Sons plumbing in Las Vegas and they don't know anything about this lawsuit......

There some rotten fish around here.

Did you direct them to this site and the source URL so they can do something about it?

You can run but you cannot hide - Peter Frampton

Default Kitec Piping

We are class action attorneys who specialize in defective building materials. We have extensive experience in defective plumbing pipe, specifically the ABS pipe cases involving 5 manufacurers. These cases took place over a period of 15 years and homeowners are still being paid under the class action settlements. We work closely with plumbing experts and materials experts and have for many years. If the homeowner who is having the problem with the Kitec pipe would like to discuss this problem further, we can be reached at www.birka-white.com or 415-616-9999.