Loosen kitchen sink drain pipe

Users who are viewing this thread

Mikemonica

Sales Manger
Reaction score
I need to remove a section of drain pipe under my kitchen sink. It is the straight section of pipe that threads into the pipes that run down the wall. This has been in there for about 35 years, it looks like galvanized pipe to me. Are there any tricks to loosening up this pipe so that I don't break it trying to get it out? Also I assume that there is no reason why this pipe would be reverse threaded, I really don't want to break it and cause a bigger problem. Thanks in advance for any assistance.

Jimbo

Plumber
Reaction score
For starters, I would spray penetrating oil on it about once an hour for a day. That should help.

Plumber1

Plumber
Reaction score
You might want to turn it in a tightening move just to break it loose.
Try it, couldn't hurt............

Lakee911

I&C Engineer (mostly WWTP)
Reaction score
As a last resort, cut it and use a Fernco to a marvel connector to connect up to your sink drain plumbing.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks