Water softner experts....

Users who are viewing this thread

Carl Simmo

Reaction score
Hi- I have a G.E. gxsf39e water softner it's about 2.6 yrs old. It softens the water fine (no problems) \, it just seems to regenerate itself every other day and at 32gals per time:eek: . It's like doing it 15 or so times a month, does this sound normal or possibily a problem???

Gary Slusser

That's all folks!
Reaction score
Website
www.qualitywaterassociates.com
It sounds as if it s too small for your needs. The largest softener you can get at a big box store is usually a 1.2 cuft. Larger won't fit in any cabinet model; that's where the resin tank is in the salt tank.

If you reduce the hardness setting, you will not get consistent soft water, nor remove all the hardness between regenerations.

Carl Simmo

Reaction score
Thanks for replying Gary & Rancher, I do have the manual but it does'nt really referance any troubleshooting for regenerating (but thanks ).
On G.E. website they say that model is good for a family of 4 (we only have 3), with normal shower usages. The settings goes as high as 110 which is really soft water, and I have ours set at 26. Just a little confused about why it wants to regenerate every 2-3 days, it does'nt sound normal, unless I'm missing something:confused: . I have cleaning everything in there and all filters, fittings and even the old salt in the bottom.
Could this be normal ??? Awesome forum BTW:D

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks