toilet flange

Users who are viewing this thread

Phyl

Reaction score
hi
I removed the toilet in the bath because it was wobbly and found out the flange was broken and was't level. how can I fix this problem. Do I removed the flange and replaced it so its level. Right now the flange is about 3/4 above the floor and needs to lower for the toilet to set level. Help please.
We have had this house for two years and it looks like everything was thrown together. Thanks
Phyl

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
What is the floor made of? What kind of piping - plastic or cast iron, or?

Do you have access from below (basement or a ceiling you can take off)?

A properly installed flange is sitting on top of the finished floor, and is bolted/screwed down to it with no gaps under it.

Phyl

Reaction score
hi again
I have a concrete floor with tile on top and the pipe is pvc. I think I should
be able to break the flange out and add a new one.

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
Okay, is the pipe 3" or 4"? If it is 3", your flange gets glued to the outside. If it is 4", it gets glued to either.

Depending on the size of the drain, you have some options. They make internal pipe cutters that can cut off the pipe, and them make boring bits to cut out existing fittings.

Phyl

Reaction score
Thanks for your help. I think I will call a plumber to fix as it looks like a big job for me. Why can't things be simple to repair?:eek:

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks