PEX - fittings ?

Users who are viewing this thread

CZSteve

Reaction score
I'm in the middle of redoing a master shower - valve install?

I'm thinking of using PEX tubing to connect the 1/2" copper coming from the slab to 1/2" copper stubs that will be soldered into the valve.
I like the idea of the flexible PEX because of the bends I'll have to do when routing the lines.

1. I've seen the crimp fittings that require the crimping tool - the added expense of the tool is the concern.
2. The Watts brand quick-connect fittings would be cheaper - but, how well do they hold?
3. What about this I found on an auctions site?
edit: Sorry, apparently a certain site is restricted - but, it's a CNC'd hinged crimping tool that uses vice grips to apply the crimp, any good?

These will be closed up connections without an access panel when all is done.
Thoughts?

Last edited:
R

Rancher

Sharkbite fittings? Is that like a hose barb?

Rancher

And yes I've noticed that the name of the large internet auction site is censored here, not sure why... anybody know why?

jwaldman97

Reaction score
Shark bites work well with pex. If you only have a couple of joints, they are the way to go. I don't like the big plastic threaded fittings for Pex most home centers sell.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks