CEFIONTECT--anyone have toilets with this finish

Users who are viewing this thread

midiwe

Reaction score
I was planning on purchasing toilets with the CEFIONTECT finish from Toto. However, at one toilet store, the sales woman recommended against it strongly as she said she had found the toilet stained more easily with CEFIONTECT. Does anyone have personal experience with the CEFIONTECT? If it is cleaned with something that scratches it, like Comet, and the CEFIONTECT surface is penetrated, could that lead to worse stain problems than just the regular porcelain finish? Any insights welcomed.

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
Most of my customers that have both, prefer the CEFIONTECT.

Liquid cleaners should be used, not comet.

[video=youtube;Xn9_zctMge0]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xn9_zctMge0[/video]

Last edited:

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
In most cases, cleaning the toilets with CEFIONTECT is just a swish of the brush and it doesn't need it often. My original toilets took a much more agressive cleaning to look good.

Spokaneman

Reaction score
I bought two Vespins with Sani Gloss. SG was one of my principal requirements as I hoped it would be be noticably easier to clean.

I have not found that to be the case. It seems about the same as a non-SG finish in terms of collection of deposits and the removal thereof.

This is not to say that I am disapointed with the Toto. However I bought the Vespin because it was one of the few models that had SG in the color I wanted. I would have prefered another model Toto, but went with the SG. I retrospect,, SG is certainly not enough better to have justiifed it being the purchase driver.

Live and learn.

Mike50

DIY Senior Member
Reaction score
Sanigloss is Nano technology which is new.

One meaningful test imo will be IF the natural occuring mineral stain ring (after a year +) is easily removed or not.

I want to hear from folks after 2 years with the sanigloss.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks