(206) 949-5683, Top Rated Plumber, Seattle
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Low Water Pressure in Shower/Tub - HELP!

That is interesting...

I understand that all shower heads in the USA must be low flow to save water. Now, the pictured unit two shower heads. Can each shower head put out the "maximum". My guess is yes.

Jim,

My shower head from takeashower.com still has not arrived (2.5 weeks), so I was looking for closely at the Grohe Freehander that you suggested. The more I look at it, the more I like it... Except, as you say, it is not inexpensive. It was not clear to me how true this was until I started looking more seriously.... Over $300, Wowser! The nice thing, however, is that each head is independent... Hmmm. Now that would be nice.

Hi, I ordered a shower head from TakeaShower.com based on this thread back in December. I asked for expedited service on web site and after 4 weeks did not receive the shower head. Thinking I had been frauded out of $100 I looked up the contact info and called the number. To my suprise someone actually called me back (left a message) and profusely apologized, returned my money for the expedited service (about $15.00) and told me some story about a problem with their ordering system (not sure I bought it). In two days there it was on my doorstep. I ran upstairs and installed it immediately.

Now does it work? YES! I had pretty low water pressure in my main shower (1942 Dutch Colonial with a bunch of additions) Amazing the difference, the only problem is, it dumps water so fast, I actually run out of hot water if the wife and I shower back to back. BTW - I bought it based on reviews from this forum, so I thought I should come back and report my experience. Feel free to email me and I will email you back to confirm I am real person.

-Some guy in Hartford County, CT

I ordered on January 13. Had not received on February 8, so, I called. They had an interesting list of dubious reasons that they had not yet shipped. I could explain why I consider them dubious, but that is not very important. They were very polite, refunded my shipping costs, and my stuff arrived on February 10 with a post mark of February 8.

I removed the previous attachment from the water pipe, and found out why I had barely a trickle of water. It was not because my head was clogged, it was because there was a flow restricter that was full of calcium crud. In other words, I probably did not need to purchase a new head after all.

The items were packed very well. The hose was separated from the removable head. I really like the hose, it feels sturdier than others I have used, yet, it is very flexible and hangs well. It should be noted that I really dislike my previous hose, a replacement I purchased at a local store.

The hose has two different ends. The directions indicate which end connects to what, but, they do not tell you to remove the clear plastic piece that covers the end that attaches to the removable head.

Installation was very easy. I used Teflon on the threads, and things just went together. My previous water pipe is a bit low. This new unit sticks up a few inches, which is just enough for me to be able to angle it in place as I desire and have very nice directional water flow. This is an unexpected bonus.

The adjustment range goes very nicely from off, through a very strong massage. I was very impressed with the quality of the shower. By this, I mean that it just felt like I had a lot of water hitting me. I have very thick slightly curly hair, and normally it is a bit arduous removing all the soap from my hair. I will admit lingering a wee bit longer than usual in the shower this morning because I was enjoying it so much.

I asked my wife how she liked it, and I received a similar reaction from her. She said that the kids were banging on the door telling her to come out.

I had not expected the difference to be so distinct. After all, this shower head (about $69 I think) is less expensive than my previous water head (about $79 five years ago if my memory serves me correctly).

If I require a new hose, I will definitely order a replacement directly from them (because I really like the hose). The same is true for the head. This makes me wonder about their shower heads that are not removable. I wonder how they differ from their removable units.

Two weeks ago, my wife dropped our old unit and it fell on her toe. The new unit is much smaller in size and lighter. Just a thought....

They included two extra rubber gaskets in case they are needed. That surprised me. Do not be fooled by the inclusion and assume that you must use them. These are SPARES. Nice touch.

I am sold. Buy one of these and give it a try. I have a feeling, however, that the order speed may be slow. If I choose to order another, I will probably call them.

Side note: I ordered two of their faucet aerators. These are on pivots, so that you can move them around to spray all around the sink. I have not tried them yet. If there is interest, I will install one and post a review of that. The shower head was a higher priority for...

Red face Fire Hydrant Showerhead -- back to a real shower!

Visiting my daughter in a rural area -- well-water on a pump. I tired of showering with only a dribble of water.

Google quickly pointed me toward the Fire Hydrant Showerhead and I decided to give it a try. I goofed on her address when ordering online, so had to call after the order was placed. They made the correction and even though the error was mine, they expedited the order. Great -- that meant it arrived today while I was here to install and give it a try.

No tool installation, and .... I don't know how they do it, but the showerhead creates a real shower. Even the various settings work, and this is very low pressure. Guess we'll order for her second bathroom, and probably one for myself even though I don't suffer from low pressure. This is the solution to low pressure problems in the shower.

i come to this website whenever i need advice on my old house's plumbing. so when i needed a new showerhead for my 3 daughters' bathroom, i began my research here.

this is my experience with takeashower.com's hand held showerhead.

i will say that when i read posts written by people who clearly are associated with the company, i automatically assume that the product is crap. but for some reason, i decided to purchase anyways. however, before i purchased, i emailed them to see how long it would take to ship (somewhere in the northeast to central florida). it was a saturday and they told me that if i placed my order before 3 that it would ship out the same day. as long as it shipped out by wednesday, i was ok, but saturday was good too. i place my order at 2:55 on saturday. (i'm kind of a brat.) i am not kidding when i tell you that it was delivered around 2 pm monday afternoon. i was shocked. i almost came on here to post this before i even had a chance to use it, but decided to only post once. (our handyman was fixing a leak in the shower that was leaking onto our plasma tv downstairs. not good!!!)
    so that i wouldn't be considered a plant, i took video. i turned on the shower with the old head (which was actually a brand new american standard head that came with the handles and spout that said handyman had just replaced.) and videoed the water coming out. it was coming out so slow that the water didn't even fall in a straight line for a full foot. i then switched out the heads (having never tried the new one before) and turned it on. it took a couple of seconds to get the water through the hose to the head (which caused me a monent of "crap!!!") but i have to say that this showerhead is the real deal! although the waterpressure wasn't incredible, it was significantly stronger than before.
    so for me, INCREDIBLY fast shipping and an honestly great product that does exactly what it says it will.
    if anyone is interested in the video, let me know. i tried to figure out how to put it on here, but i'm just not that bright.

Default low hot water pressure at shower only

I am a newbie to the forum but I have been having this problem for quite some time , I have good hot water at the sinks but at the tub and shower I have very low hot water pressure , i have delta faucets that use cartridges so after I turned off the hot water supply , I removed the hot water shower cartridge and plugged the tub and shower spouts and I then opened the cold water side , this forced cold water back through the shower and tub heads backwards through the body of the hot water fitting forcing all the sediments that was causing the problem out the hot water valve , removed the plugs reinstalled the hot water cartridge and WALA ,, so far so good ,, awesome forum by the way