Increase well water supply?

Users who are viewing this thread

homeowner

Reaction score
I have a well that's 265' deep. The pump is 240 feet deep. The specs on the side of the AmTrol pressure tank says G.P.M. = 4. I believe that's the recovery rate of the well. I know from past experience that if I run a standard water sprinkler in the front yard, I can run it for about 30 minutes before the pressure starts to decay. When I first bought the house, I let the sprinkler run for as much as an hour one time and my water pressure virtually disappeared and I had orange muddy water coming out of my well.

I live on a sloped property. The folks uphill from me have a 400' well. The people at the bottom of the hill have a 400' well. So, in comparison, my 265 foot well is quite a bit shallower.

I'd like to get more water out of my well so I can water my yard once in a while and maybe change my whole-house water filter a little less often. What's the best way to do that? Dig deeper? What if there's no more seams or more water to be had by going deeper? That could be a pricey venture. I've heard that hydrofracturing can open up seams and increase water supply - but I've also heard that hydrofracturing can permanently disrupt neighbor's water supply (they're about an acre away from my property).

As always, thanks for any insight.

- Terry

jwaldman97

Reaction score
I would talk with a repuatble well driller in you're area, and see what they suggest. Differant parts of the country have differant ways that work.

Just my 2 cents

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks