Opinions needed on Saniflo toilets

Users who are viewing this thread

arnie

Reaction score
I'm considering installing a Saniflo toilet in my cottage which will mainly be used on weekends in the summer. I'm considering the Saniplus and Sanicompact units. I'd like to hear from anyone who has used or had experience with these products or similar products.

apanda2

Reaction score
Macerating toilets Saniflo

Has anyone any experience with the Saniflo line of mascerating toilets.
Are they any good and can they be connected to a waste pipe that was formerly a shower drain pipe as they only require a 1" discharge pipe?

Are there any special installation issues that we should be aware of.

We have just found out about them and there does not seem to be much on the web. Also I haven't found any other manufacturers on line - are there any others apart from Saniflo?

THis may solve our issus about cuting joists and running new pipes for our bathroom remodel.

Scott

Flushmate
Reaction score
Website
www.flushmate.com
I've never used one but often recommend the SaniPlus for below drain line installations. A few customers have installed them and were satisfied with the installation and performance.

You may also want to look into the Zoeller Qwik-Jon. It's a little different than the SaniFlo systems but serves the same purpose. As the image below illustrates ceiling height may be an issue for basement installations...

qwikjon01.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

TNPlumber

Plumbing Contractor
Reaction score
My experience

I'll installed three of these systems over the last several years. I've never had any complaints with them. Having said that, If it is possible in anyway, I would always prefer to rough in a bathroom the conventional way.

To answer your question, The system only requires a 3/4" drain. One important fact to remember is that it also requires a 1 1/2" vent. An AAV will not work with them.

amartin725

Reaction score
I'm in the process of a basement bathroom install and researched quite a few different things. I decided on the SaniGrind by Saniflo. It's the same grinder/pump as the SaniPlus, but I can use any off-the-shelf toilet. I talked with people at 2 unrelated major plumbing supply stores and the only issues that were reported were in regards to people not hooking up the extension pipes properly; no reported failures. I also spoke with a 4 local independant plumbers and none had heard of or used a Saniflo. Go figure.

I was going to use a Zoeller sewage ejection system but was concered about hitting the water table once I broke into the floor and dug down as the backyard drops off into wet land. I still plan to go down a little with the pump and plumbing, but only about 6 inches, not 30+.

Al

miner49er

Reaction score
Saniflo toilets--your opinion

I have researched the web concerning a up-flush toilet system. I don't want to break concrete.

From what i have read, i think my best choice would be Saniflo's---Saniplus toilet system.

What's your opinion on saniflo toilets? (i appreciate your feedback)
have you ever installed this type of toilet?

thanks

Peanut9199

Customer Service Manager Plumbing Wholesale
Reaction score
The company and units have been around for decades and in my old company we sold dozens and dozens of them. Never had any problems or call backs (zero) which is unusual for this type of application becuase it is normally do it yourselves.
They are great for cottages and basements.
The idea is simple you have a pump and tank at the back of the toilet and it grinds up the waste and pumps it in a 1" line to a stack or pit.

Reader Review

Comments by readers
Reaction score
Emails and phone calls sent in by readers
Website
www.terrylove.com
Hi Terry,
I found your page looking for help with a Sanibest macerator.
Since you state you haven't heard any complaints, let me be the first.
I paid $1000 for a Sanibest toilet and macerator. It had problems within 6 months. Their idea of a warranty is to have the consumer disassemble and repair the unit. They do give you the option of disconnecting it, cleaning it, sanitizing it, and sending it to them, paying for the postage and waiting weeks for it to be returned.
So, since they said the particular issue was minor and would not harm the unit, I continued to use it until just after the warranty ran out.
Then it died.
Since I had a Saniflo-only toilet, an elevated shower (to accommodate a 'p'-trap, and plumbing configuration for that system, I decided to spend another $800 to get another Sanibest macerator (Their BEST one).
Well, that was last Friday.
A week later, guess what? The new one just died.
Same deal with the warranty. They told ME to take it a part and try to fix it, noting that it is probably DEFECTIVE.
So, there you go. A consumer complaint.
Oh, I'm returning the macerator. I'll be busting up the slab, getting a new toilet, re-doing all the plumbing, and installing a regular ejection pump.
M Burbridge

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks