Aquia Dual Flush with only a 11" rough-in HELP

Users who are viewing this thread

cptvitamin

Reaction score
I have a Toto Aquia Dual Flush Toilet that I purchased at the beginning of my remodel (6 months ago...) I'm finally ready to put it in and somewhere along the way I ended up with 11" rough-in instead of the 12" needed. What should I do? This toilet has a completely separate plastic trap. If it was 1" longer I would have no problem. Does anyone know if Toto makes an adapter? I looked on their site and found nothing and they have no customer service contact info.

Product info: http://www.totousa.com/productpage.asp?PID=803
Spec Sheet (PDF): http://www.totousa.com/admin/upload/pdfspc/cst414m.pdf

Spokaneman

Reaction score
If by plastic trapway, you mean the "unifit" adapter, then you are in luck. Toto makes a 10", 12" and a 14", so I assume the 10" will work, though you will have a fairly large wall/tank gap. You should be able to find one on the Toto web site or any of the websites that sell thier products. I would also assume wherever you purchased the toilet would have one as well.

Another thing you might consider, if the plastic trapway is a standard diameter, is to cut a 1' section out of it and solvent weld the two end pieces together with a pvc coupler. What the heck, you will have to buy a 10" adapter anyway, it might be worth a try. The adapters are about $50.00 as I recall, so a little ingenuity might be called for.

We'll see if that makes Terry cringe.

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
You will need to move the rough-in. If you had 11.5" you might have been able to make it work, though the specs call for 11.75"

www.totousa.com

You can check their website, but I think you will have to move the rough-in to the standard it should have been installed been.

The Aquia adpapter is not the same as the others like the Unifit.

cptvitamin

Reaction score
Spokaneman said:
If by plastic trapway, you mean the "unifit" adapter, then you are in luck.
Unfortunately, its not the unifit. Its a plastic trapway that opens in the front, not on top where the unifit adapters open.

Spokaneman said:
Another thing you might consider, if the plastic trapway is a standard diameter, is to cut a 1' section out of it and solvent weld the two end pieces together with a pvc coupler. What the heck, you will have to buy a 10" adapter anyway, it might be worth a try. The adapters are about $50.00 as I recall, so a little ingenuity might be called for.

I think I may try that. Doesn't seem too difficult.

Thanks so much for the advice!

happyflusher

Reaction score
What happened with 11" rough in for Aquia?

cptvitamin, would you please let us know how your Aquia installation with the 11" rough in went? I have the exact same problem. Thanks!

cptvitamin

Reaction score
Ohhhh boy, that was a tough one. But worth it in my opinion. I ended up having to go to a plastic fabrication shop and have the trap modified. I asked them to cut the trap on the bottom run where it meets the vertical run. This leaves two pieces, top and bottom. I had them mill the top portion an inch so that when i reattached the bottom piece to the top piece the bottom run would be 1" shorter. This moves the top of the trap an inch further from the wall, solving the problem. Since the fabrication shop is used to doing jobs by the thousands, and not one offs like this, i had to wait 2 months for it to get done at a cost of $200. But I LOVE this toilet. Going to get another for the downstairs bath.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks