Toilet Bubbles when taking a shower

Users who are viewing this thread

sarodo

Reaction score
We recently moved into our house (less than a week ago) The house is 65 years old but we had all new drains installed under the house and had or Sewer Main flushed a week ago due to a back up in our guest house(clean out has been clear ever since). Today I took a very short shower and the toilet started bubbling; that was when I got out. Is this the vents or could it still be the main
line even though we had it flushed?
Thanks

Plumber1

Plumber
Reaction score
There is an obstruction down stream of the toilet and shower. Post a description of your layout.

Cass

Plumber
Reaction score
Call the company that ran the drain last week and tell them. See what they say. Did they pull out any roots?

sarodo

Reaction score
House and plumbing Layout

The bathroom at the top of the drawing drains to the bottom of the drawing where the main is about 10' away from house. The toilet was recently relocated less than 6'-0" away from the existing vent ( I was told 6' was the max). Not sure if that has anything to do with it but...... Thanks. All drains were replaced, toilet shower and lav. We do live in New Mexic though and lots of chronic root in main problems here!

Attachments

• DD.jpg
    DD.jpg
    48.1 KB · Views: 741
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks