Great tool! Tongs of Death

Users who are viewing this thread

Prashster

Reaction score
I found this on the web:

http://www.for-wild.org/download/tongsoriginal.pdf

Basically, this guy puts foam brush pads on the tips of salad tongs. You dip the tongs in concentrated roundup and then touch individual plants. I tried it and it's GREAT for getting rid of weeds among flowers or in the grass.

A couple caveats:

1) after each dip, squeeze the excess well so it doesn't drip.
2) Lightly touch the weeds at the base and wipe up. Stop b4 you get to the tip, or the plant can whip some drops onto the good grass.
3) Add foodcolor to the roundup to identify which weeds have been touched.

This thing was great for getting rid of quackgrass and ferns in my lawn.

Mike50

DIY Senior Member
Reaction score
my buck and a quarter..

I'm impressed Prashter. great idea...

I would ammend it by saying this:

Take a red Sharpie Marker and clearly mark "poison" on the tongs.
You dont want someone to start flipping BBQ or salad with them if those pads fall off-which will eventually happen.

Prashster

Reaction score
Yet another one of my wife's kitchen supplies commandeered for more sinister purposes. After I stole a ladle to use as a paint dipper, a vegetable brush to clean paint brushes, and a fork to spread some floor adhesive, the salad tong acquisition is surely gonna get me spanked!

Mike50

DIY Senior Member
Reaction score
This could be an interesting thread:

IMPROVISED TOOLS

Right now I'm searching all my junk drawers to find something that will fit in a drill bit to be used tomorrow as a paint stirrer for a gallon can. no luck so far...

Mike50

DIY Senior Member
Reaction score
You mean my ex wife. LOL
In any event I'm not sure it would be long enough to stir up the solids on bottom Mikey. good idea though...

Pewterpower

Reaction score
A real thick wire coat hanger. Not the thin little cheapies that you get from the dry cleaners.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks