PVC pipe cover

Users who are viewing this thread

rwells0001

Reaction score
I am in the process of having my basement finished. Both bathrooms have modern vanities in which the pipes are exposed. The problem is that the drain pipe coming out of the wall is PVC and it joins chrome metal drain pipe. This doesn't look so hot. Does anyone know of a product which will fit over the PVC pipe, so it will match the rest of the drain pipe?

Mikey

Aspiring Old Fart, EE, computer & networking geek
Reaction score
I've seen insulation designed specifically for covering drain plumbing which would work well. Looks even worse than naked PVC, imho.

Lancaster

Reaction score
How far out of the wall does the PVC extend? Maybe you can just use a deep box escutcheon.

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
If you are willing to tear the wall apart, you can probably replace it with chromed brass or something similar.

rwells0001

Reaction score
I think I found it

I went to Lowe's and they had a Decolav sink similar to mine and it had what I was looking for. Unfortunately, Lowe's doesn't carry it. I asked the sales guy what it was call and he said it was a 'drain cover'. I looked at the Decolav site but they didn't sell them. Finally, doing various searches I found a 'drain shield/waste cover' from Ron Bow. It looks like that's the only one out there. Thanks to everyone that helped.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks