Replace the washers in that faucet.........
I will tell you upfront that I know NOTHING about plumbing so please forgive if I use improper terminology or have to ask lots of questions!
The problem I am having is that when I turn on the hot water spigot in my bathroom it rattles like mad and makes lots of noise. What the heck is going on and how do I fix it?
I guess it's a separate hot and cold faucet assembly? Real plumbers on this site have said that worn/bad washers on the faucet will cause this. Easy fix for a handy person:
1) Turn off water under sink
2) Open faucet a bit and remove valve stem
3) Take to plumbing store (so they'll see what washer you need) and buy new washers (may as well do the cold side at the same time)
4) Replace old washer with new
5) Put everything back together. When replacing valve stem, turn valve so it's slightly "open" before inserting in valve body. Once in place, close valve.
6) Turn on water
7) Revel in the quiet
Thanks for the information. This is the first home I have owned alone and it's certainly a challenge sometimes! Thankfully it is something relatively simple and inexpensive.