Side Panel for Dishwasher

Users who are viewing this thread

luvrbcs

Reaction score
I am replacing an existing dishwasher that is at the end of a cabinet run. The old dishwasher had a metal side panel attached to it to finish off the end. This panel will not work with the new dishwasher. :( The new DW is a Kitchenaid model and I checked on line and they don't seem to have one that will work. I am still waiting on a responce from customer service.

I was thinking of using a 3/4" piece of plywood and painting it to match the walls. My problem with that is figuring out where the nailing blocks will go so they won't interfer with sliding thw DW in.

Any other suggestions for closing off the side?

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
You might want to think about MDF if you are going to paint it...much easier to hide the grain. If you know the manufacturer of the cabinets, they may still have a panel you could order from them that would match the finish.

luvrbcs

Reaction score
Oops, forgot about MDF. That would be the way to go.

All-in-all, this is going to be a pain! Don't know off-hand the manufacturer, I will have to take a peek tonight.

Jimbo

Plumber
Reaction score
Today, when cabinets are installed, a standard cabinet item is a dishwasher end panel. You could probably order a Mills Pride unit at HD.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks