Grohe bath faucet rough in

Users who are viewing this thread

comrade

Reaction score
Hello all.
As you can see i am new here and need an advice. I'm not really familiar with all the terms, but i will try to explain what i want to find out. I am doing my bath remodeling and bought Grohe faucet for bath. It is Grohe/Chiara Neu Exposed Thermostatic Tub Filler model 34097. What i had before is an old price pfister faucet with three valve shower/tub diverter inside the wall. New faucet goes outside. Problem is that pipes are 8" apart and Grohe needs between 5 to 7. I figured for each pipe i buy two 90 degr bends and female end, so when sweat together, they will be about 6" apart and have female connectors for new faucet. But now i think female connectors will stick out of the wall too far. I do not have the new faucet yet, and have to wait three to four weeks to get it, but really want to finish this and close the wall. I wonder if anyone has installation instructions for this faucet and can tell if the female connector has to stick out the wall a little(providing the wall will be closed by sheetrock and tiles) or be flush with it or recessed?
I hope i explained this correctly.
Thanks

LonnythePlumber

Plumber, Contractor, Attorney
Reaction score
Better Wait

These Grohe and hansgrohe rough ins are causing problems. Tile showers are having to be torn out and the valves reset. You should be able to do the rough in separate from the finish but I and others are having trouble getting the grohe's rough-ins to fit the actual product. I have not roughed in the valve you have selected but i would still wait. We have more slack on our American faucets. 1/4" off on these grohe's and you may be stuck.

comrade

Reaction score
i actually received a mail from Grohe with installation dimentions. Looks like female connectors should be flush with the finished walls. but i think i will wait before i do that just in case.
Thanks for the reply

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
I'll second that! I installed a different Grohe fixture. When I did the tiling, the wall ended up being only slightly thicker than originally planned (had to flatten a bowed wall, centered on the valve making the water connections deeper). It didn't fit. I investigated the extension kit, looked like it would work, bought it, and it was too long. Didn't want to tear out the granite wall tiles to fix it. Got creative and got things to work, but it would have been much easier with it in hand. When you get it, dry fit things, make careful measurements, then get your rough finished. It's a pain to wait, but a greater one to tear it out to fix it.

I do like the fixture, though :) .

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks