New Moen cartridge, low cold water pressure

Users who are viewing this thread

A12548

Reaction score
i replaced shower single handle moen cartridge, it went in smooth, hot water pressure is fine in fact cold water is too except when i turn the knob to the extreme right, then it goes to a trickle. Im fairly sure there was no debris inside the shaft before putting the new cartridge in, at least with a flashlight it looked clean.

Verdeboy

In the Trades
Reaction score
There may have been "debris" in the pipe that you didn't see, and it's now clogging part of the cartridge. Pull it out and check. You can take the cartridge apart to check further. Just make sure you remember how to put it back together.

One time, after I installed a Moen cartridge, the shower began to go on by itself (water pressure would push out the shower handle, which turned on the shower.) It wasn't a ghost, just the rubber washer from the old cartridge, which was still in the pipe and preventing the handle from closing all the way. :rolleyes:

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks