DWV testing and a thank you

Users who are viewing this thread

Wally Pfautz

Reaction score
Firstly,
Thanks in a great part to you all, I got an A+ on my pre-glue inspection this afternoon. Now for the next hurdle - the water test.

My question today is; I have 3 floor drains, 2 closet flanges and a tub trap to seal for the water test. I plan on renting test balls or weenies to seal them. Are there any tricks I need to know so they don't come shooting out once they have 10' of water head behing them, or are they pretty fool-proof if you pump them up right. It's a remodel job and flooding would be disasterous. Any advice in using them would be appreciated. Thanks again!

Hazel

mn_nobody

Reaction score
be very careful when inflating test balls, ie, don't look down the pipe! they can break and it will maim you. if you have water behind an inflated bag, let grab a buddy and have one person hold the bag while the other SLOWLY lets the air out. loosing a bag into the underground = jackhammer time... just don't let the air off to quick or watch it inflate, other than that you could probably train an ape to bag off a system :D

sanaka

Reaction score
There are also test plugs that are less sketchy than the balloons. They are like a fat rubber donut with a metal plate on top and a bolt that when cranked, expands the donut to seal in the pipe.

Peace,
Sanaka

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks