Myer pump not working

Users who are viewing this thread

jentyry

Reaction score
We had a leaky connection pipe. I shut off the pump and valve until my husband came home to replace the connection. Meanwhile my children used all the water in the pipes. He fixed the connection and turned on the water pump. It sounded like it was running. We waited an hour for the pressure to go up. It never did. Still no water. We are afraid we will burn out the pump. How long does it have to run for water. Our water is not that far down. Do we have to prime it? If so how.

Bob NH

In the Trades
Reaction score
Yes, you have to prime it.

I hope you haven't damaged the pump in the hour or running.

You need to get water into the pump.

Somewhere near the dishcarge at the top of the pump there should be a plug and/or a valve. Remove the plug or open the valve, and pour water in until it won't take any more. Put in the plug or close the valve but leave open a crack or plug loose, and turn on the pump. If no water comes out of the place where you put it in, run it for only about 30 seconds, then add more water and repeat as necessary. You will hear a different sound when it starts to pump.

Don't run the pump for more than a minute or so without any indication of pumping.

Close the valve or plug tightly when you get water flowing out under pressure.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks