Partial blockage?

Users who are viewing this thread

tessa_d

Reaction score
Hi,
I have a recently installed (2 weeks) TOTO Carrollton that, since installation, has been flushing incompletely and getting progressively worse. Nothing has been dropped into toilet and a large volume of water poured into the bowl goes down relatively easy, though not completely. Called plumber who installed toilet--he removed toilet, replaced gasket, snaked, etc. Flushing is significantly worse now. He is scratching his head, thinks that I should buy a new toilet. This seems to be a reliable toilet, is this plumbing issue really rocket science?
Tessa

TPA

Reaction score
Considering it's a TOTO, I'd be doubtful that the toilet is to blame. Do other drains in the house drain slow, like a bathtub or sink in the same room? Either something's caught in the toilet or further down in the drain line. There's a 0.0000001% chance that it's the toilet, but I'd look elsewhere first.

Cass

Plumber
Reaction score
Did he auger the toilet and / or snake the line leading away from the toilet? It almost sounds like a vent problem.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks