shower stall leak

Users who are viewing this thread

Shawn

Reaction score
I have been doing some troublshooting in my son's shower stall. The stall is a neo-angle shower stall w/ceramic tile and typical shower enclosure.. The home is 2 1/2 years old. The leak is minor.
We noticed the small leak, on the outside of the stall. Where the sheetrock touches the ceramic tile. It is above where the drain pan is sitting. We've caulked the perimeter of the shower, inside and out. Also, a new shower head was purchased as to direct the waterflow downward (instead of against the shower enclosure). It seemed to work.
Today, I noticed a small dime-size area (even smaller than before), damp spot. I am not sure where else to take it. DO I need to call a professional and if so, a plumber??? thanks for infol...

e-plumber

DIY Senior Member
Reaction score
aaa13714.jpg

The leak could be coming from a defect in the rubber seal of the door itself and the water is running to where you can eventually see it.
Also, closely inspect for any very small gaps where the enclosure meets the wall and seal with caulking if needed.

e-plumber

LonnythePlumber

Plumber, Contractor, Attorney
Reaction score
Glass to Wall

The neo-angle glass shower walls are difficult to seal and get installed correctly :mad: . Re caulking with silicone should get it but I have to reset some of these walls :eek: .

Shawn

Reaction score
Well, I did have a guy come in earlier and he recaulked it heavy duty. However, the dime size leaked still occured over time. I then, put some caulk in hairline crack, in the grout, that my son discovered (it wasn't along a seal just the edge or lip, that the enclosure sits on). I caulked that puppy and bamm it worked! Well, for a few weeks.....I wonder if I didn't caulk it good enough. Shawn

*See picture above. The leak occurs in the far right, bottom corner. This is where the ceramic touches the wall.

LonnythePlumber

Plumber, Contractor, Attorney
Reaction score
reset walls

That is the same pattern that results in my having to reset the walls. You have to get the frame, shower base and walls cleaned very well.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks