All solid matter does not flush

Users who are viewing this thread

Pitterpat

HandyWOMAN
Reaction score
One of my toilets does not always flush all of the solid matter (not the toilet paper). There will be a small turd left about as big around as 2 quarters that will be left. Is there a way to solve this problem? This is a 20 yr toilet (big tank) that has been retrofitted with the Fluidmaster flush valve.

Also I really don't want to get a new toilet with a little 1.6 gal capacity.

Thanks, Pat

Mikey

Aspiring Old Fart, EE, computer & networking geek
Reaction score
Don't dismiss the 1.6 gal toilets out of hand. The first generation truly sucked, but the new ones work better than a lot of the old 6+ gallon jobs. If you really need flushing power, the PA toilets are spectacular, but noisy. I've got an American Standard 1st-generation PA toilet in the guest bath which will flush anything, but it's noisy, and the water surface is a little too close to users of the male persuasion, if you get my drift. I've also got a new Toto Drake ADA toilet in the master bath, which flushes as well as the PA, but with none of the bad manners of the PA. When we remodel the guest bath, it'll get either a Drake or the new Toto Aquia.

Verdeboy

In the Trades
Reaction score
pitterpat said:
This is a 20 yr toilet (big tank) that has been retrofitted with the Fluidmaster flush valve. Pat

Fluid Master has a nice easy height adjustment. Slide up the plastic "lock ring". Then, turn the shaft CCW to raise the height to max possible. Then slide down the lock ring until it clicks in place. You may want to turn off the water to the toilet in case you make a mistake.

Attachments

• Fluid Master Lock Ring.GIF
    Fluid Master Lock Ring.GIF
    9.7 KB · Views: 430
Last edited:
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks