(206) 949-5683, Top Rated Plumber, Seattle
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Porcher Veneto toilet repairs

posts, emails and comments from readers reposted by Terry

How is the flush valve replaced with the plastic liner in place?
    When the cartridge is spun out, how do you thread the new one in place with the liner there?

Texas

http://www.terrylove.com/pdf/veneto_parts_3362.pdf

Last edited by Terry; 06-04-2011 at 11:33 PM.

DIY Junior Member serglo@sbcglobal.net's Avatar

Gordon did you ever replace the gasket,if so could you tell me how.
    Thank you
    serglo@sbcglobal.net

Last edited by Terry; 06-05-2011 at 12:04 AM.

How do I replace the fill membrane?? Does the front piece just pull off??

Bumping this old thread.

Any updates on the Porcher toilets.
    I am looking to add a Veneto Ii to our house.

Quote Originally Posted by 808liz View Post
    How do I replace the fill membrane?? Does the front piece just pull off??
    the fill membrane is accessed by unscrewing the big white round nut that is attached to the fill arm.... the nut is about 1 1/4 inch.. you can see it in the diagram. it has no reference number and it just above and to the right of the "9" in the diagram.

My question is how to replace the gasket which is number "7" in the diagram. it is in there tight and has started to corrode. i have found that using Tidy Bowl tablets in this toilet causes leaks in the seals... and those Clorox Bleach tablets are really bad as they break down the rubber parts.

This is also the original subject of this thread and it was never answered.

Sorry but what is the purpose of this forum if no one is going to help? I doubt any real plumbers would chime in. They probably don't know themselves how to do it.
    Last edited by Rongway; 07-23-2012 at 06:21 AM.

I was able to remove the big plastic bolt on the underside as follows:

Disconnect the top of the supply line (where it comes into the back of the toilet)
    -- make sure you have some thread sealing tape, which you'll need to wrap onto the threads when you put this back on.

With the supply line disconnected, you can lift the entire reservoir out of the back of the toilet. Now it's simple to grab hold of the big plastic bolt on the underside and unscrew it.

Thank you ha1976 for the great posting!!! This forum helped me figure out that I screwed up the toilet by using Clorox tabs in the tank. Guillen Enterprises had the piston assembly 83084.00.000 part I needed. It took less than 2 minutes to fix (great picture instructions on the side of the box) and it stopped the leaking! I did also order the membrane assembly 83086.00.000 but it appears that I didn't need it. However I have a packet if I ever do. I think I'm going to order another few of the piston assemblies so I have them on hand for the next 25 years and can hand one off to the next homeowners when we eventually sell the house!

Now I have to figure out how to safely clean the tank without deteriorating the silicon seal. The inside of the tank got black!

Quote Originally Posted by misstca View Post
    Now I have to figure out how to safely clean the tank without deteriorating the silicon seal. The inside of the tank got black!
    Got black how? Over time due to sulfur in your water, or was that some reaction to the bleach?

Anyway, I suggest you start by using a toilet bowl brush in there. See if the black can be brushed loose. Then maybe add some dishwasher detergent. The inside of your tank being discolored should not bother you. If it does, try other cleaning products. If it really bothers you, you should get a new toilet. Since you are fairly adept at changing parts now, you could remove the non-ceramic parts, use strong cleaners, rinse, and re-assemble.