Porcher Veneto toilet repairs

Users who are viewing this thread

Rongway

Reaction score
My question is how to replace the gasket which is number "7" in the diagram. it is in there tight and has started to corrode. i have found that using Tidy Bowl tablets in this toilet causes leaks in the seals... and those Clorox Bleach tablets are really bad as they break down the rubber parts.

This is also the original subject of this thread and it was never answered.

Sorry but what is the purpose of this forum if no one is going to help? I doubt any real plumbers would chime in. They probably don't know themselves how to do it.

Last edited:

ekrumrey

Reaction score
I was able to remove the big plastic bolt on the underside as follows:

Disconnect the top of the supply line (where it comes into the back of the toilet)
-- make sure you have some thread sealing tape, which you'll need to wrap onto the threads when you put this back on.

With the supply line disconnected, you can lift the entire reservoir out of the back of the toilet. Now it's simple to grab hold of the big plastic bolt on the underside and unscrew it.

misstca

Reaction score
Thank you ha1976 for the great posting!!! This forum helped me figure out that I screwed up the toilet by using Clorox tabs in the tank. Guillen Enterprises had the piston assembly 83084.00.000 part I needed. It took less than 2 minutes to fix (great picture instructions on the side of the box) and it stopped the leaking! I did also order the membrane assembly 83086.00.000 but it appears that I didn't need it. However I have a packet if I ever do. I think I'm going to order another few of the piston assemblies so I have them on hand for the next 25 years and can hand one off to the next homeowners when we eventually sell the house!

Now I have to figure out how to safely clean the tank without deteriorating the silicon seal. The inside of the tank got black!

Reach4

Reaction score
Now I have to figure out how to safely clean the tank without deteriorating the silicon seal. The inside of the tank got black!

Got black how? Over time due to sulfur in your water, or was that some reaction to the bleach?

Anyway, I suggest you start by using a toilet bowl brush in there. See if the black can be brushed loose. Then maybe add some dishwasher detergent. The inside of your tank being discolored should not bother you. If it does, try other cleaning products. If it really bothers you, you should get a new toilet. Since you are fairly adept at changing parts now, you could remove the non-ceramic parts, use strong cleaners, rinse, and re-assemble.

edk

Reaction score
I've read through most of these posts and I have to say I have had 3 Porcher Veneto toilets for 15 years without any problems, other than replacing the little red gasket, number 9 in the pic. Mine have been great to own. However, this last week I decided to clean the interior plastic tank and since then, the water leaks from the piston plunger, so I had to replace number 5. It was. Easy, but also had to make sure the hose, number 10 was tightly secured to number 8. (It wasn't at first then leaked inside the tank). Years ago I purchased many many extra parts from the place mentioned above located in Florida. So glad I did as they are really expensive now. I just wish Porcher continued to make this toilet.

edk

Reaction score
Well, this is what I get for saying I've not had problems with the Porcher Veneto toilet. After replacing the bottom gasket and item number 5, the toilet still leaks water slowly into the bowl. I guess the next step is to see if the plastic tank has a crack. Has anyone had this problem after replacing the gasket and number 5 (bottom plunger that sits on the flush opening)? Thanks

veneto_parts_9712x.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Glenn A.

Reaction score
I know this is a long shot, but this seems like as good a place as any to ask... I've had two of these toilets for many years now. Replaced the little valve thing (#5) several times. The amount of water in the bowl is very low and I'm trying to figure out if there's a way to adjust how much water remains in the bowl after flushing. Thoughts on how to adjust this?

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks