(206) 949-5683, Top Rated Plumber, Seattle

Thread: Plumbing Supply House

Hybrid View

DIY Junior Member

Default Plumbing Supply House

I am looking for a plumbing supply house. I would like to find a local plumbing supply business that will sell direct to me for my upcoming basement sewage pump installation. I am near Downers Grove IL zip 60523 which is 30 minutes outside of Chicago.

I would like to buy from such a place, b/c I believe they would be the best place to recommend a good pump/pit combination and have some (a lot) of knowledge about what they are doing, compared to the employees at the Big Box stores.

Thanks a lot for any recommendations.

-Linc

Tried the Yellow Pages?

DIY Junior Member

Default Yes

Yes I had. I was just looking to see if anyone here had good experience with a particular business.

Thanks,

Linc

Default Let your fingers do the walking

I would shop around the internet or here and find something like a Zoeller system and get the specs. Then, I would call a few places in the yellow pages and find out if they have them and get prices. Get the name of the guy you talked to.

Then go to the place at some non-busy time and ask for him, get your information, and get the best deal you can.

DIY Junior Member

Quote Originally Posted by Bob NH
    I would shop around the internet or here and find something like a Zoeller system and get the specs. Then, I would call a few places in the yellow pages and find out if they have them and get prices. Get the name of the guy you talked to.

Then go to the place at some non-busy time and ask for him, get your information, and get the best deal you can.
    Thanks for the tip Bob, I'll try it.

-Linc

Default supply house

A "good" supply house might not, and should not, sell to someone who is not a plumbing contractor.