Bathtub Reglazing - anyone have it done?

Users who are viewing this thread

LonnythePlumber

Plumber, Contractor, Attorney
Reaction score
Sometimes Good

You can get a good reglazing job that will last. But there are still companies that try to do it too fast and with a lesser quality of chemicals.

LadyL

Reaction score
Reglazed tub

I had my old grey, mineral stain tub reglazed by a company in Seattle an off white. Looks brand new! Cost $325 + $40 for choosing something other than white.

Last edited:

BC2

Reaction score
I've had 2 tubs refinished. 1st didn't last more than a yr. and the guy was no longer in business. 2nd time I just made sure to find a reputable person that was in business for 10 yrs and had lots of referrals. Both warranties were the same ... 1 yr. but as I said the first guy was no where to be found. The 2nd guy said that his job will last at least 5 yrs if not longer when properly cared for.
Like the other poster mentioned, some just don't do it with the same skillfull process.
I learned after the first time that once the finish is cracked in any way, it can quickly deteriorate. My son used to take his toy trucks in w/ him and little scratches would happen. I also put a ladder in the tub with not enough padding to paint the ceiling and that didn't help either.
With the 2nd finish, I was a lot more careful with the tub and it's been 3 yrs and still looks great. Use what they recommend for cleaning.
Oh, and one other thing - the first time the guy put a permanent slip resistant mat in the tub. (very very slippery w/o something) They dont recommend suction type pads. The 2nd guy put something bumpy - not sure exactly what - under the glaze. (It could have just been a material process and not a mat per se) Worked much better for slip resistance and not so scratchy.
Hope this isn't too long, but I like to hear others actual experiences with these kind of things. Hope it helps you with your decision.
Beth

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks