claw foot tub shower addition

Users who are viewing this thread

k5ranger

Reaction score
I am looking at purchasing a home that has a claw foot tub. The problem is the tub has no plumbing for a shower. The plumbing for the tub itself is easily accessible. Can it be plumbed for a shower? How difficult/easy would this be for your average handyman?

k5ranger

Reaction score
that's a good point. my wife has an aunt who owns a bed & breakfast with a claw foot tub/shower. i plan on talking to her about the curtain. would the pipe leading to the shower head be regular ol' ugly pipe? do they make decorative(nice) pipes for the application?

Lancaster

Reaction score
Yes,special finishes are available.If you do a web search on "Elizabethan Classics" you will see the various types of tub/shower faucets available for claw foot tubs.

Mikey

Aspiring Old Fart, EE, computer & networking geek
Reaction score
The next time you're in a hospital, look at the curtains around the beds. They hang from a track on the ceiling. It ain't cheap, but you can buy the track and bend it in the shape of the tub. Then just hang the curtain from the ceiling.

Speaking from experience, I would spend even more money and either a) buy the special tool used to bend the track, or b) have a pro bend it properly. There may be another option, c) buy one pre-bent, if your tub is a standard shape.

Jags Resto

Reaction score
Try Clawfoot Supply or if you want to DIY how about bending some 1/2" conduit hung from the ceiling?
Jags

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks