Leaking pressure tank - help, please!

Users who are viewing this thread

bccdmmom

Reaction score
My pressure tank is leaking water from the top of the tank. It is not coming from the air valve, but is coming from two white plastic rectangles in front of and behind the air valve. I am a single mother with 5 kids, so money is tight, I dont want to replace the tank unless I have to. Please advise. Thanks, Viki

Speedbump

Reaction score
Wow 5 kids!

Can you describe these rectangles to us Viki? I can't for the life of me figure out what they would be.

Is this tank painted or is it galvanized. Does it have a brand name on it?

bob...

bccdmmom

Reaction score
It is a Wellmate brand, model WM12. The pressure switch is set to 40/60 and the pressure is between 40 and 60 each time I check it. The tank doesn't appear to be painted, it looks like fiberglass. The rectangles are in the fiberglass and appear to be tabs of some sort. They are about 3/4 inch long and 1/2 inch wide or so, not very big. Thanks for replying, Viki

Speedbump

Reaction score
I'm not real familiar with the Well Mate tanks. They don't hold up in the sun here in Florida. I am not sure what the rectangles are, but if the tank is leaking water anywhere but from or around the air valve, the tank must be completely waterlogged which can and will take out pump motors, switches etc.

bob...

bccdmmom

Reaction score
Well thanks for your response. I called the company that makes Wellmate and they told me some things to try. If they don't work, I guess I will silicone the white rectangles shut so they quit leaking. Thanks again, Viki

Speedbump

Reaction score
Anything you do to the outside of the tank to stop the leak is only temporary. Believe me, I've tried everything. Even though I knew better.

bob...

bccdmmom

Reaction score
Well Bob, you are right, it is now leaking from under the tank. Huge mess! I need a new tank! Thanks, Viki

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks