floor drain stopper

Users who are viewing this thread

jimmyd

Reaction score
I Have A Basement Floor Drain That Backs Up When The Washer Drains. I Had A Plumber Put In A Stopper That Lets The Drain Work But Will Not Let The Washer Discharge Come Back Up The Drain.
It Was Clogged, We Cleaned It And Placed It In The Drain. It No Longer Works. Are There Different Types Of Drain Stoppers.

Jimmyd

Cass

Plumber
Reaction score
If your drain is backing up I would suggest you call a plumber oir drain cleaning company and have it professionally cleaned.

jeanne

Reaction score
about your drain

jimmyd said:
I Have A Basement Floor Drain That Backs Up When The Washer Drains. I Had A Plumber Put In A Stopper That Lets The Drain Work But Will Not Let The Washer Discharge Come Back Up The Drain.
It Was Clogged, We Cleaned It And Placed It In The Drain. It No Longer Works. Are There Different Types Of Drain Stoppers.

Jimmyd
Jimmyd, I have a laundry drain in my laundry room ,that was doing the same thing, the plummer,told to put in a laundry tub,and it drains into the tub first,then into the drain,said the new washer water comes out too fast the droin cannot accept fast enough.I have not had a problem since. hope this helps. jeanne

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks