(206) 949-5683, Top Rated Plumber, Seattle

Thread: floor drain stopper

Default floor drain stopper

I Have A Basement Floor Drain That Backs Up When The Washer Drains. I Had A Plumber Put In A Stopper That Lets The Drain Work But Will Not Let The Washer Discharge Come Back Up The Drain.
    It Was Clogged, We Cleaned It And Placed It In The Drain. It No Longer Works. Are There Different Types Of Drain Stoppers.

Jimmyd

If your drain is backing up I would suggest you call a plumber oir drain cleaning company and have it professionally cleaned.

Northern Kentucky/Greater Cincinnati Area

As Cass Mentioned, I Would Hire Someone To Clean The Drain So That You Address The Problem, Not The Symptoms Of The Bigger Problem.

When You Cap the Drain Your Problems Will Get Worse As The Water Has No Place To Displace To.
    Read what the end of this sentence means.

Default about your drain

Quote Originally Posted by jimmyd
    I Have A Basement Floor Drain That Backs Up When The Washer Drains. I Had A Plumber Put In A Stopper That Lets The Drain Work But Will Not Let The Washer Discharge Come Back Up The Drain.
    It Was Clogged, We Cleaned It And Placed It In The Drain. It No Longer Works. Are There Different Types Of Drain Stoppers.

Jimmyd
    Jimmyd, I have a laundry drain in my laundry room ,that was doing the same thing, the plummer,told to put in a laundry tub,and it drains into the tub first,then into the drain,said the new washer water comes out too fast the droin cannot accept fast enough.I have not had a problem since. hope this helps. jeanne