Garage floor

Users who are viewing this thread

Cookie

Reaction score
What causes dark stains on the garage floor? Thanks.

Last edited:

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
stains

Ground water could only come up through the concrete if it was under pressure and that is very, very unlikely. Put newspapers on the floor under the car. It is probably fluid leaks of some kind. Wherever the stains mark the paper, the leak is somewhere above it.

Mikey

Aspiring Old Fart, EE, computer & networking geek
Reaction score
I had a similar stain in part of my garage which is now a formal laundry room. I just covered it up yesterday with ceramic tile. There's a similar stain in the master bath, which will be tiled next week, Imshallah :) .

Prashster

Reaction score
It doesn't sound like water seepage. Water doesn't behave like that - in isolated spots.

You need to take a picture of this and post it.

Could the stains be mold? Dampness and darkness would make it appear on the surface. Light and drying out would make it recede below surface. I doubt, though, that you'd mistake mold for a liquid stain...

Another way to refute the theory that it's water seepage is to lay some clear polyethylene down in a large square. Tape the edges sealed. If you get no condensation after a few days, then you don't have moisture seeping through the slab.

Last edited:
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks