help! h2o shooting out of anti-siphon

Users who are viewing this thread

iamasailor

Reaction score
so, we bought a townhouse last summer and the sprinkler system has worked fine up to about two weeks ago. there is an anti-siphon on the water spout coming out of the house where you would hook up your hose. it has one hole for the hose hookup and the other hole goes to the pvc pipe leading down to the sprinkler. every once in a while, i would go to water my flowers and the water would spray out from under the anti-siphon cap and then finally i would hear it gurgle, and finally send the water to the appropriate place, out the hose. But about two weeks ago, it began doing this and never fixing itself, so i end up with a huge amt of standing water next to the foundation, no pressure to the sprinkler system to send the heads standing up, and not enough water coming out of the hose to water my now-dying plants. I know nothing about plumbing, neither does my husband. I have tried different configurations of turning the hose valve off and the sprinkler on, both off, both on, water main on and off, unscrewed everything and nothing seems to work. I am so frustrated.

Does anyone know what this means and what to do? PLEASE HELP
Thanks in advance,
Amanda

Cass

Plumber
Reaction score
If you can find a Mfgr. name on the hose bib you may be able to order a new one but depending on it's age you may just want to have the whole bib replaced.

iamasailor

Reaction score
problem solved!!

my husband unscrewed it all, held his hand under the water spout, then let go, i guess fixing the pressure malfunction. No more water spraying everywhere. Now my plants wont die. :D
thanks,
Amanda

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks