Sewage Pit Shifted

Users who are viewing this thread

ttarbox

Reaction score
I have a sewage pit in my basement that I am now trying to complete the hookup to for a bathroom that I'm finishing down there. At some point the ground around the sewage pit settled/shifted putting pressure on the basin causing it to bubble inward on the bottom and one side. It has been this way for some time now as I didn't want to mess with it until I actually started finishing the bathroom. There are no cracks or leaks in the basin.

My question is, the sewage pump will not sit flat on the bottom of the basin because of a raised hump from the ground shifting. I believe the pump could still be installed but I'm concerned that because all of the pump legs will not be flat on the bottom the pump could torque when it turns on and put too much pressure on the PVC pipe that would be holding it in position. Can anyone confirm this?

Any suggestions on how to repair the basin without having to breakout all of the concrete around it and replacing it?

Bob NH

In the Trades
Reaction score
Submersible pumps in wells hang from the pipes with no problem. If it isn't so far out of balance that it puts too much force on the pipe when installed, then it will work ok when it is running.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks