Diverter...again

Users who are viewing this thread

Leigh

Reaction score
I recently posted about a new Moen 82403 3-handle shower and tub valve fixture. I was concerned that a small stream of water was coming out of the tub spout when the shower was turned on. I was advised here that the diverter should be replaced so it was but it didn't change anything.

By that time Moen Customer Service was available so I called and was told everything was fine and the diverter wasn't supposed to give complete shut off. I'm just curious why this would be and if it really should shut off totally but they allow for a little imperfection and I should speak to someone else there.

Thanks

Cass

Plumber
Reaction score
Many spout diverters will leak a small amount of water by during use. It should not be a stream of water.

Leigh

Reaction score
Maybe my error was using the word stream. It is a small amount of water but enough that it isn't dripping and is continuous. Like when you turn on a faucet just enough so that it isn't dripping.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks