Installing Glass Enclosure on Marble Floor - Help

Users who are viewing this thread

Bob_Alias

Reaction score
Hi,

I have a 90% completed bathroom remodel that that I'm trying to finish on my own (I can hear the "uh-ohs"). :eek:

Marble-slab was used for the floor and shower walls. The glass fabractor/installer will not install their glass enclosure and door directly onto the marble floor. They're requiring me to construct a water-barrier for the glass enclosure and door to be installed on.

The recommended solution from the glass installer is to mount and tile 4x4s to the floor. I don't believe an adhesive product exists to securely bond wood to marble, so I'm thinking I have to drill holes through the 4x4s and into the marble floor for mounting bolts (whatever type those might be).

My questions are: 1) How difficult is it to drill holes in marble and 2) what type of bolts should I use?

I really appreciate any help/suggestions that may be posted.

Have a great summer!

Bob

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks