Posting Images

Users who are viewing this thread

speedball1

Retired plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.askme.com
Hi Terry,

I'm new to you but not to Q & A sites. I got shot down when i attempted to post a No-Hub Band image (193 KB). I use images a lot in my answers to illustrate and flesh them out. However your limit of 39.1 KB is too small for me to work with.
I had the same problem over at AskMeHelpDesk.com. when I took over the plumbing page. I contacted the owner and laid out my concerns. Since my data base of scanned images runs no higher then 300 KB he kindly increased the limit to 293 KB with a 750 pixel limit.
Can you do the same for me? Thank you, Tom aka speedball1

Prashster

Reaction score
Speedball,
Most standard graphics programs can resize the pic pretty easily without sacrificing quality for the web. In fact, some graphic progs have a "resize image for web" option.

speedball1

Retired plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.askme.com
prashster said:
Speedball,
Most standard graphics programs can resize the pic pretty easily without sacrificing quality for the web. In fact, some graphic progs have a "resize image for web" option.

Thanks Pash, I'm a computer dummy. Most of my scans have been converted from PDF tp JPEG. Where do I go on this site to resize a image? If I had a problem with 300 KB I'm gonna have a great time shrinking them down to 39.1 KB. I use http://convert.neevia.com/ to knock my images down to where I can use them at 293KB or under but most are larger then 39.1 KB even after I run them through neevia.

Thanks for your reply. Tom

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
I've bumped to picture size for jpg's to 100000 bits.

You can also email me pictures that I can post on the web, and you can do a copy paste on them.
That way I can resize they they load quicker.

loveplumbing@comcast.net

the picture below is 60499 bytes

Attachments

• fluidmaster_on_toilet.jpg
    fluidmaster_on_toilet.jpg
    59.1 KB · Views: 521
Last edited:

speedball1

Retired plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.askme.com
Terry,
Thanks for the quick response. Is there anything I can do or a app. I can downlosd to reduce the number of bytes on a image? Thanks for the increase. I have images that are under 100KB but not all that many. Are you a operating shop or just a site shop. If you have a operating shop how do you find the time to monitor this site? Is this a hobby for you as it is for me? Regards, Tom

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
I'm a working shop.

I sell a lot in the Seattle area, and do some Internet sales too.

I don't ship toilets, but I do ship shower heads and bidet seats.

I'm like some of the others, I enjoy reading what everyone else is writing.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks