Best Sump Pump

Users who are viewing this thread

Butcher

Reaction score
Ooooooppps.

Zoellerpump said:
Hey Bill,

We can get you the new switch part number, just call 1-800-928-7867 ext 6
and tell the them you need a new switch for your old pump. Very easy to replace and that way you will have a good back up pump just in case!

Well I wish I would have read this BEFORE I butchered my M53 pump. *sigh*
I have an M105 washer pump system and the pump quit a few days ago. Took it all apart to find a rusty corroded looking pump. I figured the pump was bad. Purchased a local replacement that I found out later is not recommended for anything over 95º F. So, I did not put it in because of that. It will be going back to the store tomorrow. Also when I took out my old Zoeller pump, I wanted to save the grommet for the power cord so I cut the plug off and slid it out. No biggie. However, later as I was taking the PVC tube out I decided to cut off the power cord completely (hitting self in head).
Now, after reading all this, my switch was probably just bad, but now I have butchered the power cord off. I need a switch and a power cord. Can this be replaced and sealed again, or do I need to buy a whole pump? Thanx in advance.

SumppumpPimp

In the Trades
Reaction score
Butcher said:
I have an M105 washer pump system and the pump quit a few days ago. Took it all apart to find a rusty corroded looking pump. I figured the pump was bad. Purchased a local replacement that I found out later is not recommended for anything over 95º F. So, I did not put it in because of that. It will be going back to the store tomorrow. Also when I took out my old Zoeller pump, I wanted to save the grommet for the power cord so I cut the plug off and slid it out. No biggie. However, later as I was taking the PVC tube out I decided to cut off the power cord completely (hitting self in head).
Now, after reading all this, my switch was probably just bad, but now I have butchered the power cord off. I need a switch and a power cord. Can this be replaced and sealed again, or do I need to buy a whole pump? Thanx in advance.

Part number is 004700 for the cord and seal assembly, order that through 1-800-928-7867 ext 5 list price is $14.00

SumppumpPimp

In the Trades
Reaction score
speedbump said:
ZP, I must be small potatoes. They never bothered to give me a return call.

bob...

Send me your phone # Bob, I'll see what I can do!:D

Butcher

Reaction score
Got new pump anyway

Butcher said:

After looking at all the parts I would need: cord, switch, feed through grommets, etc., and the time to put it together, the "boss" here said to research a new one. I stopped at the local plumbing supply and got a brand new one for $108 w/ tax. I was happy. best of all, SHE was happy. Thanx guys. Now, who wants my old pump?

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks