bath faucet help!!

Users who are viewing this thread

jsampson

Reaction score
I posted in another thread (as a reply) this question, but I'll add it here, as well, in case someone didn't see it within that thread:

Can a person take a deck mount handshower and replace their tub filler with it? Essentially using the handshower as a tub filler? I've been told yes, but then others have said no, and I'm confused! I have got the stuff to do it with (the deck mount holder, the handshower, etc.), but want to check on a couple of things before even attempting it. (or having someone else attempt it!)

By the way, I have a garden tub that I want to add a shower to. The problem is that there is no access to the plumbing, and I'd have to tear a LOT out in order to accomplish this, leading to a VERY expensive and time consuming project for something so simple. There are all kinds of "add a shower" spouts on the market, but they are all for WALL mounts, not for deck mounts!! (Which REALLY surprised me!!!)

My NEXT issue is if I DO try to replace the tub filler with the handshower, will the opening in the deck be enough to do so? I was told it simply just screws right in, or something like that, but I didn't know if I'd be able to get to the rough-in well enough to do that, since I have no access through the wall or a side panel.

Advice???

Jimbo

Plumber
Reaction score
The flow rate from a hand-held shower is quite low. It would take a very long time to fill the tub.

jsampson

Reaction score
Yes, I had thought that might be an issue. But can it be done? And without having to tear out the wall, etc. to do it?

Do you have any other suggestions that might accomplish what I was wanting to do, without spending too much, etc?

Thanks for responding!

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks