(206) 949-5683, Top Rated Plumber, Seattle

Thread: Feeling stupid- can't figure out how to turn on shower...

Question Feeling stupid- can't figure out how to turn on shower...

Well, sadly the post title says it all-
    My husband and I bought a house last week, and he tried to take a shower this morning; we must have spent a good 30 minutes trying to get the Delta faucet to switch from the "fill tub" position to the "shower" position- we pushed, pulled, twisted, etc. every part of it without any luck. I can't begin to tell you how silly we felt! He ended up taking a bath for the first time in years!

It's a single piece, Delta faucet; the house was built in 1992, so I assume it's from that period. It has a plastic collar lever on the right which controls volume of water, and an inner circle dial which controls temperature. There didn't seem to be any thing with the shower head itself, or the bottom of the drain thing-ie to pull to switch it over- we REALLY would like to take showers instead of baths, so if anyone out there has any suggestions...!

Much thanks!

have you tried deltafaucet.com

Default tub+shower diverter

If you have not found the diverter yet?At the end of the tub spout where the water pours out, pull down on it,that is the diverter for that model of Delta T+S.

Default will give it a try..

I tried Delta.com- they weren't online- need to try again later.... will look for the diverter- it seemed like a smooth surface without any switches pulls, etc., from what I can remember, but I could be wrong! We are still somewhat in our apt. so I will give it a try later today. Thanks! Hope it works!

Liesel

Default faucet

The ring around the opening where the water comes out is "smooth", but it should pull down to divert the water.

Thumbs down tubbin' it still..

Well, I need to try the ring thing- I was so excited to hopefully have it figured out- I went over there last night, and still couldn't get it to divert... will try the ring thing tomorrow... sigh.... still feelin' pretty stupid.

Liesel, Don't feel stupid. I remember coming across this very situation at my sister's home. It took me a bit to find the diverter as well, as it seemed to make sense that there would be something more obvious and easy to see. Fear not, I am sure you will find the solution.

Did it work?

hey i had the same problem.. delta faucet.. pulled on the smooth ring it worked haha
    Last edited by Terry; 11-25-2010 at 05:45 PM.

7 years later - same problem - just proves that over the years, we're all still the same.
    So nice to find the answer so easily. :-)

ACO Shower Drain Sales johnfrwhipple's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by tbplumbloco View Post
    If you have not found the diverter yet?At the end of the tub spout where the water pours out, pull down on it,that is the diverter for that model of Delta T+S.
    I wonder how many hundreds of people this single post has helped?

When I first found Terry's site I was looking for install help on a Toto toilet. Found Terry's info and saved myself a huge headache. Love love love the internet. JW

jfrwhipple@gmail.com - www-no-curb.com - 604 506 6792

Always get construction advice double checked by your local city hall. Flood Test Every Shower - Every Time.