Inexpensive mop sink

Users who are viewing this thread

Spaceman Spiff

Architect
Reaction score
I'm looking for an inexpensive mop sink for a residential project, but all of the sinks I have found are around $1000. Does anyone know of some that are around $200???

Andy Ring

Reaction score
Try Home Depot: $97.21

Thought Home Depot had one, so I went to their website and searched on "utility sink" this is what I found:

"40 In. X 24 In. White Double Bowl Utility Tub
Model 27F $97.21

Sturdy, one-piece molded tub made with structural thermoplastic. Heavy gauge steel legs, included levelers and stopper. 13 in. deep, 19 gal. per tub, 40 in. wide. Leakproof 1-1/2 in. integral molded drain, hooks up to standard 1-1/2 in. S or P trap. Accommodates single or dual handle faucet with 4 in. or 8 in. centers. Meets or exceeds codes ANSI Z124.6, IAPMO listed, Warnock Hersey listed. Smooth white surface, rust-resistant, easy-to-install. Preferred by the pros."

There's a photo of it too. Hope this helps...

Jimbo

Plumber
Reaction score
In most HD you will find in the store a single bowl utility deep sink molded thermoplastic, about $35 dollars.

Keep in mind that many items found on the HD website are just that, WEB-ONLY. You do not find these items in the store.

Spaceman Spiff

Architect
Reaction score
Let me clarify...

The sink I am looking for sits on the floor, is 6-12" tall and is about 24"x24".

Look here at the bottom of the page...
http://www.keidel.com/design/select/sinks-utility.htm

The whole idea is to not to have to lift 5 gallons of dirty water up to a waist level sink.

Attachments

• musteemopbasin-108x100.jpg
    musteemopbasin-108x100.jpg
    2.2 KB · Views: 1,150
  • musteemopsink-156x150.jpg
    musteemopsink-156x150.jpg
    5.8 KB · Views: 4,065

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
sink

You are not looking for a residential mopceptor, then. Those and the other similar ones by other manufacturers are usually used in commercial applications. But, that being the case, none of them cost $1,000.00 unless someone is putting a HUGE markup on them. I usually figure about $500.00 and that includes the faucet with with all the "bells and whistles" a commercial installation requires.

Andy Ring

Reaction score
ebay

Go to ebay, enter the keyword "mop sink" there's a brand new sink there for $20. Its not exactly what you're looking for, but its close and the price is right.

Description: Advance Tabco Comm. RESTAURANT MIB Floor Mount Mop Sink
This is a brand new, still in the box Advance Tabco commercial Restaurant floor mount mop utility sink Model 9-OP-2-X. This item retails for about $500. The dimensions are: 25†W x 21†D x 10†H. Catalog details on this item can be viewed at: http://www.bigtray.com/productdetails.asp?catid=12000&sku=ADV9OP20#specs We have multiple restaurant/commercial kitchen items up for auction this week, so please be sure to take a look at those as well.

There's another for $399 that's seems exactly what you want, but I'd go for the $20 one personally.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks