2 sided tub??

Users who are viewing this thread

motomech10

Reaction score
Hello,
I am wondering if a certain tub/shower unit is being manufactured. Not a “claw tub†or a “drop in†tub either. A regular tub/shower unit ( 3 side walls with the 4th for a sliding door), but instead of having 3 sides it would only have 2 (the ends) with the two sides open for installing sliding doors on both sides. Picture a regular tub but instead of having a wall on one side and a sliding door where the wall would normally be. I want to put sliding doors on both sides but leave the ends like a regular tub. Does such a thing exist? If not I will consider going with a drop in and put doors on both sides I guess.

Thanks
Tim

Geniescience

Homeowner
Reaction score
hi tim

i went through this a couple years ago when i was planning my layout. I couldn't find anything that made sense. A Neptune Zen style tub would give you enough flat surface to have doors on both sides.

In the end i decided to put a shower in between my two bathrooms. I have two access points to my shower, and one can walk through to get to the second bathroom which is a small powder room. It's roughly 40" x 45"; one side has a frosted 25" wide glass door; the other side has a more open layout, too complex to describe here...

i can't figure out if you are asking about a whole unit like something made of acrylic including the walls. If so, then no this does not exist.

david

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks