Kohler Rialto K-3402 toilet fill valve repair

Users who are viewing this thread

MAYOR

Reaction score
Yes it really does. Fluidmaster 400A works perfectly in my 1989 Kohler Rialto K-3402. Took out the old, installed the new by lowering it and dialing in the float so water level hits the fill line marked on the flush valve, rotating the existing rim tube, inserting the black bowl fill tube in the rim tube.
Done! Easy Peasy!

20211221_145454.jpg

Layniez

Reaction score
I am thinking (see another append) about doing something similar. I have a few questions:

1. Where did you get the stopper with a hole in it? (Test Tube stopper or ?)

2. How did you adjust the amount of water running through it to the rim?

3. Any siphoning or other problems to worry about? Tube routing high?

Thanks.
Does anyone have a photo to explain what they did with the rim tube when using Fluidmaster 400A or other universal fill valve? Not understanding "stopper" technique. Currently have 3 Rialto K-3402 and have been using 84499 replacement kits but would like to change to units without babcock. Babcock hits side lever.

Layniez

Reaction score
Yes it really does. Fluidmaster 400A works perfectly in my 1989 Kohler Rialto K-3402. Took out the old, installed the new by lowering it and dialing in the float so water level hits the fill line marked on the flush valve, rotating the existing rim tube, inserting the black bowl fill tube in the rim tube.
Done! Easy Peasy!

View attachment 79585
I just followed your example above and installed Fluidmaster 400A in our Kohler K-3402. Everything works but the toilet runs occasionally. I'm thinking it as to do with heights of flush valve and new unit. What levels did you set these two items? We have a low flush valve in right corner of toilet. You didn't photograph your flush valve so not sure what you did. Please give any suggestions. Thanks

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks