Sump Pump Issue Part 2

Users who are viewing this thread

MikeG

Reaction score
I finally got the right sized battery for my Zoeller 507 backup system. The pump is runing fine. However, now I see where the real problem is. The plumber installed the check valve in the wrong place :mad: .

I have attached a diagram of what I have including where I need to add the new check valve. Check Valve 1 is the new one I need to add. The other check valves are in place.

When I install the new check valve, is it ok to have it below the water line for the backup pump? I was going to use a vlave with two rubber sleeves and splice it that way. Or, is it better to glue one in? Is it ok to have the new check valve close to the main pump? Finally, is it ok to have 2 check valves (Numbers 1 and 3) in the line, or will it cause flow problems?

Thanks< Mike

Attachments

• Sump Diagram.jpg
    Sump Diagram.jpg
    29.9 KB · Views: 388
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks