to whom it may concern....

Users who are viewing this thread

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
links

Why would you post those links here, when they have nothing to do with this forum's subject? If we want them, we will find them ourselves, and it has nothing to do with the media hiding them.

Mikey

Aspiring Old Fart, EE, computer & networking geek
Reaction score
It looks to me like an attempt to propagate some malware by a social-engineering ploy. We tend to trust each other on this and similar forums, so we'd be more likely to click on an unknown URL than we might be if it showed up in an e-mail from an unknown source.

Gouranga

Software Engineer
Reaction score
These are an unfortunate and VERY common ploy. Someone codes a bot to go out and post links to a site. This is likely JUST the beginning. The tech sites I am a member of (some of which are run by MS) are plagued by these jugheads. We get postings for all sorts of crap. I would watch responding to them. Frequently they will embed something in the link to verify that someone clicked the link specifically posted on this board which tells them posting here is a good idea. This is basically the internet variant of a door to door salesman.
Depending on how they do these, they cold be tough to stop as well. There are a few tricks to make it much more difficult. These people are the bane of the internet world. Just ignore them and hope that a horrid virus sweeps through their entire network and obliterates every piece of computing equipment they have.

Coach606

Reaction score
why not remove...

Hey mods, why not remove this thread and these links, whatever they are. They are either spam or viruses or worse and have no business here.

Some of your users will click on them out of habit or curiosity. Why not spare them by removing the links?

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks