bathroom exhaust fan

Users who are viewing this thread

Hids2000

Reaction score
Website
www.hidfoglight.com
My small basement bathroom has a broken exhaust fan with a build in light. From what I can see the fan is really small.
The bathroom is 5ftx7ftxft = 245sqft.

I found this fan on home depot's web site. But can it be right? It is rated at 100CFM. good for up to 95sqft? i mean who has a bathroom that is 95sqft?
Since the bathroom is also in the basement I want to make sure I don't undersize the fan. Next size up is a twin motor fan rated at 300sqft but no light. So i will have to add it a light no big deal. But would save me the trouble.

product is listed on home depot's web site. I can't list the link but you can see it search model # 8663RP

would like any suggestions.
thanks

Last edited:

Hube

Reaction score
you have a way more than the required removal. The recommended ACH (air change per hour) for a bathroom is approx 8 ach.
Your 100 cfm exhaust fan will provide approx 20 ach's for your approx 300 cu. ft bathroom.
you should be ok.
ps; actually ,a 50 cfm fan would provide 10 ach's, enough for your size of bathroom.

Last edited:

Prashster

Reaction score
I love the "Whisper" line - unless you want a loud fan to muffle the grunts!

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks